Itinerary: Melbourne, Sydney
Amazing Australia – a land of so many contrasts and exciting experiences that it continues to fascinate and delight today’s cruise ship passengers just as it did those early explorers centuries ago.
This vast island continent will leave you with a treasure-trove of memories of laid-back, welcoming locals, world-famous landmarks, breathtaking scenery, beautiful beaches and unique wildlife encounters.
A highlight of your holiday will undoubtedly be a visit to the spectacular city of Sydney. Cruising under Sydney Harbour Bridge past the iconic Opera House must rank with one of life’s most memorable experiences. Here you can see the city sights and enjoy sensational al fresco meals at some of the best restaurants in the Southern Hemisphere, soak up the sun on the bustling Bondi Beach or even take a guided tour of the Opera House itself. You may visit Brisbane, a lively and welcoming city with superb shopping areas and fascinating museums giving a glimpse into Australia’s intriguing aboriginal heritage. Further north there’s a chance to witness one of the world’s most beautiful natural features, the Great Barrier Reef, as you stop off near the paradise islands, the Whitsundays, where you’ll have a chance to view the rainbow colours of corals and fish varieties from the viewing chamber of a luxury catamaran.
Exotic islands like Pago Pago, Bora Bora, Fiji and Papua New Guinea, where you’ll find a treasure trove of new experiences and wonderful sights, are also included on a number of cruise itineraries to this fascinating part of the world.
Things to do in Australia
- Visit the architecturally stunning Sydney Opera House
- Dive through the kaleidoscope of marine life in the Great Barrier Reef
- Browse the busy Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne
- Go on a rainforest canopy walk in Belalong National Park
- Watch penguins waddle in from the sea at Phillip Island
- See the best-preserved convict settlement in Australia at historic Port Arthur
- Play water sports at surfer’s paradise, the Gold Coast
- Go beach fishing in the turquoise waters of Fraser Island
- Learn about the rich Aboriginal culture in the sun-baked Northern Territory
Did you know?
Australia is the only country in the world where you can find egg-laying mammals like the platypus.