ms Nieuw Amsterdam
ms Nieuw Amsterdam
With its glamorous design, courteously efficient service and superb entertainment and dining, Nieuw Amsterdam brings passengers the very best in time-honoured cruising traditions. And it comes with a range of ultra-modern touches that set this fantastic cruise ship apart.
The awe-inspiring inverted skyline sculpture and works by Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein and Richard Estes reflect the pizzazz and history of New York City. The classical and contemporary artworks, which include paintings, sculptures and mosaics, are worth more than $3million.
The ship is clearly representative of the Holland America Line premium brand and offers modern refinements that will delight and surprise even the most seasoned cruise travellers. With approximately one crew member to every two guests, you’ll love the attentive yet discreet service as you sample the delights of the Nieuw Amsterdam’s high quality activities, entertainment and fine dining.
ms Nieuw Amsterdam
- Main Showroom at Sea theatre, other entertainment lounges.
- One main pool areas, one with retractable roof, private poolside cabanas
- Greenhouse Spa & salon, fitness centre.
- Five high quality restaurants, including authentic Italian and Pan-Asian menus
- Gourmet lessons in The Culinary Arts Center
- Panoramic viewing lounge.
- Selection of themed cafes and bars
- Club HAL kids' activities.
- The Loft, teens' hang-out lounge.
- Microsoft digital workshops.
- Tonnage 86,273
- Passenger capacity 2,674
- Total Crew 929
- Total Cabins 1,053
- Decks 11
Ship Deck Plans
Queen-size or twin beds / Mariner’s Dream™ bed / luxury linens, bathrobes and towels/ shower with massage showerhead/ make-up mirrors / salon-quality hair dryers / Elemis Aromapure toiletries / complimentary fresh fruit / flat-panel TV and DVD player / ice, shoeshine and nightly turndown service.
Queen-size or twin beds / Mariner’s Dream™ bed / luxury bed linen, bathrobes and towels / bath and shower/ massage showerhead/ make-up mirrors / salon-quality hair dryers / Elemis Aromapure toiletries / complimentary fresh fruit / flat-panel TV and DVD player / ice, shoeshine and nightly turndown service / full to partial or fully obscured views.
Mini-Suite / Suites cabin
Queen-size or twin beds / Mariner’s Dream™ bed / pillow options / sofa bed for one / luxury bed linen, bath robes and over-sized towels / bathroom with dual sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath and showers / massage showerhead/ make-up mirrors / salon-quality hair dryers / Elemis Aromapure toiletries / complimentary fresh fruit and flowers / flat-panel TV, DVD player and library / mini-bar and refrigerator / ice, shoeshine and nightly turndown service / concierge service / personalised cruise stationery / large sitting area / private veranda / floor-to-ceiling windows.
Pinnacle and Neptune suites
King-size or twin beds / Mariner’s Dream™ bed / pillow options / luxury bed linen, bath robes and over-sized towels / bathroom with whirlpool bath and shower / massage showerhead/ make-up mirrors / salon-quality hair dryers / Elemis Aromapure toiletries / complimentary fresh fruit and flowers / flat-panel TV, DVD player and library / mini-bar / ice, shoeshine and nightly turndown service / concierge service / personalised cruise stationery / dressing room / large sitting area /sofa bed for two / private veranda / floor-to-ceiling windows/ exclusive access to industry-leading Neptune Lounge and its facilities / complimentary laundry services, sparkling wine served on embarkation and corsages and boutonnieres for first night / cocktail party invitation / pre-dinner hors d’oeuvres / binoculars and umbrellas / priority boarding, dining and seating / special disembarkation service.
Pinnacle also has: living and dining rooms / oversized whirlpool bath / guest toilet / pantry / microwave and refrigerator / private stereo systems.
*Speak to your Imagine Cruising adviser for more information about the exact specification of each suite.
Entertainment and Recreation
With such a wealth of on board activities, the Nieuw Amsterdam allows you to try something new every day. From lounging to learning and keeping fit, all ages, abilities and tastes are catered for. You could be browsing the boutique shops, finding out about the art on board with a self-guided iPod art tour, or, taking part in fun and games.
• Lido pool
• Cabanas providing intimate spaces and poolside retreats
• Greenhouse Spa and Salon with Thermal Suites and hydro pool
• Live entertainment in The Showroom at Sea
• Culinary Arts Centre
• Microsoft digital workshops
• Cinema, photographic and imaging centre
• Largest gymnasium ever built for Holland America Line
• Club HAL for youngsters and The Loft for teenagers
• Dancing at night in the Crow’s Nest, 270° views during the day
• Explorations Café, powered by The New York Times
• Piano, Pinnacle, Sports and Sea View bars
• Casino with gaming tables and twinkling big-prize slot machines
• Merebella luxury shops
Wining & Dining
The Master Chef on-board Nieuw Amsterdam hand-picks his staff as carefully as his ingredients, ensuring the highest standards of culinary excellence. Guests can choose the intimacy of the luxurious Pinnacle Grill, or perhaps dine with fellow guests in the magnificent Manhattan Dining Room. There are plenty of places for after dinner drinks including Nieuw Amsterdam’s very own wine tasting lounge.
• Tamarind Pan-Asian Restaurant and the exotic Silk Den Lounge
• Premium, reservation-only dining at the swish Pinnacle Grill
• Italian dining at the Canaletto Restaurant
• Relaxed breakfasts, lunches and dinners at the Lido Restaurant
• Five-course menus, fine wines and impeccable service at the Manhattan Dining Room
• Cabana Club, a private place to relax surrounded by healthy refreshments
• Premium wine tasting lounge
*Selected restaurants on many ships require reservations and may carry an additional charge.