It’s so easily accessible from our cruise ports that there’s no wonder Northern Europe is so amazingly attractive to British passengers. Its variety of exciting towns and cities, as well as some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery, continues to reward those who choose a cruise holiday to Northern Europe with a lifetime of magical memories.
With many of the great Northern European city destinations being so close to shore you’ll have plenty of sightseeing time to explore the fascinating wealth of heritage that’s helped shape the continent’s rich history and impacted so significantly on the world stage. You can choose from a busy short break to the Baltics or a more leisurely two-week cruise which may include nipping around the magnificent fjords of Norway. On Norway’s rugged, wind and sea-hewn coastline, breathtakingly powerful waterfalls plummet between rocky outcrops carved sharply by centuries of shifting ice. Your cruise will call at places with rich, eventful, sometimes chaotic, pasts where Viking legends abound and artefacts survive, all of which the welcoming locals are eager to describe. Cities like Copenhagen, Oslo, St Petersburg, Stockholm, Helsinki, Riga, Tallinn and Gothenburg also feature on many popular cruises to the Northern Europe region.
Things to do in Northern Europe
- See the amazing Pulpit Rock in Stavanger
- Take the cable car up Mount Ulriken in Bergen
- Go on a canal tour in Bruges
- Stroll along the picturesque harbour of Nyhavn in Copenhagen
- Learn about Norway’s Viking past in Oslo’s Viking Ship Museum
- Discover the treasures of the Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg
- Wander Tallinn’s charming old town
- Spot seals on the coast of Gothenburg
Did you know?
In parts of Scandinavia, during winter some places receive no sunlight at all, while during summer the sun can shine all night.
HAVE A QUESTION?
- CALL OUR CRUISE EXPERTS TODAY ON:
- 0800 840 5801
- Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9am - 8pm