Cruise on the Rhine and discover the spectacular scenery of vineyard clad slopes and generous peppering’s of romantic castles.
Travelling through six countries and running for 766 miles, the River Rhine is one of the longest and most important rivers in Europe. This waterway begins as a stream in the Swiss Alps before increasing in pace and volume on its way to the North Sea.
It takes in the mountain slopes of Switzerland, the lush Rhine Plains, the dramatic German river gorge, and the flat landscape of the Netherlands. Rhine cruises offer beautiful scenery and wonderful experiences all year round.
With Basel, Koblenz, Dusseldorf and Cologne just some of the beautiful cities that the Rhine carves through along its route, a Rhine River cruise offers the chance to explore the rich culture, history and architecture that Europe is renowned for.
Travellers can enjoy a number of fascinating journeys along the Rhine or a cruise on the river en route to a further flung destination. With the Rhine linking with the Main and Moselle rivers, it is easy to explore even more of Europe and beyond.
Things to do in the Rhine
- Admire Cologne, the jewel of the Rhine, with its awe-inspiring Dom
- Explore Holland’s famous windmills and waterworks
- Encounter multicultural Strasbourg in France
- Visit Breisach, the gateway to the Black Forest
- Stop in Koblenz to visit Marksburg Castle
- Enjoy the delightful Golden Age city of Amsterdam